Wednesday 24 July 2013

My Short Story in Nigerians Talk

"Anu dragged her feet. She was burdened with a soccerball stomach and the jute bag in her right hand. From her position she saw the house; its lidded brown roof and jagged eaves. Few more steps and she would face its unpainted breast of wall with plywood window louvres and a cubicle-balcony wedged into it. She wrung her nose and spat on the ground as she passed a small refuse dump, yet her eyes scanned the surrounding like that of a solitary traveller with no hint of rest in the distance. She was one of those pregnant women who invoked pity because their stomachs appeared to double their lean frames."

READ MORE: http://nigerianstalk.org/2013/07/20/abiku/

1 comment:

  1. Carina K2:21:00 am

    Dear Jumoke! Leif told me the wonderful news! Congratulations! Could you please send me an e-mail (poet.carina(at)aland.net), so I can have your new addresses? Best regards, Carina K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to my blog page. Now, what do you think? Tell me, I'm listening...