Thursday 26 January 2017

Poetry Anthology on the Capital Cities of the World


Last year, I was featured along with some of the world's finest poets in the anthology: Capitals (published by Bloomsbury) and edited by the poet and diplomat, Abhay K.

The book focuses on capital cities through the eyes of some of the world’s finest poets. The idea which is in itself profound, is a ‘poetic-scape’ of the world in a book. Featuring poets like Derek Walcott, Kwame Dawes, Beverley Nambozo Nsengiyunva, Ruth Padel, Jekwu Ozoemene, George Szirtes, Mimi Khalvati, Luis Chavez, G Mend-Ooyo, Sudeep Sen, Claire Askew and several others.

Here's an excerpt from an article written by the Abhay K on what inspired the book:

"After joining the Indian Foreign Service, I worked in New Delhi, Moscow, St Petersburg and Kathmandu before moving to Brasilia. As part of my work, I often visit the capitals of different countries at very short notice. I look for poems on places I visit before setting out as I believe poems have the ability to render a deep and intimate experience of a place. Thus I set out on an impossible journey of finding a poem on each capital city of the world." READ MORE

CAPITALS would be launched in NY at Poets House on 5th Jan 2017, at Jaipur Literature Festival on 21st Jan 2017, at India International Centre on 27th Jan 2017 and SOAS, University of London on 1st Feb 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming to my blog page. Now, what do you think? Tell me, I'm listening...