Wednesday 2 December 2015

This could be a blog post

I have not written on my blog for some time, and I do not know if this is a note on resumption. 

Yet, I have this feeling I won't sleep well in the coming weeks if I don't write any note on Femi Amogunla's photography project on Tumblr.

Femi is an award-winning multimedia artiste.  

He’s currently working around the UN 16 days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence--an annual international campaign that runs from 25 November (International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women) to 10 December (Human Rights Day). 

I’m fascinated by the photographs because of Femi's turn of street humdrum into subliminal narratives that seek to engage conversations. 

His lateral perspectives bring remote words to the meaning we attach to femininity as a residue nurturer of resilience.

Femi also accompanies these photos with background stories that are related in conversational tones, almost like public bus commentaries between passengers.

Femi would culminate this project with his first short film he would be screening at the American Corner, Jericho, Ibadan, on December 4, 2015. 

Are you in Ibadan? Stop by and show Femi some love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming to my blog page. Now, what do you think? Tell me, I'm listening...