Sunday 19 January 2014

Poem: Only the dead know by Tolu Ogunlesi

It is rather late for anyone to pretend that the internet is absolutely unnecessary.  It is a lifestyle now. And it has become the source for expanding the terms of literature into an instant response platform. 
I won't discuss if that is positive or negative at this time. Rather, I think it is a necessary course for the arts in general. 

Recently, Teju Cole, 'orchestrated' (that's the word used by The Verge) short stories through his followers in bits.  There are already plans for the Twitter FictionFestival 2014, with a line up of authors. 

Here and there on the internet are stories of how to enable possibilities of internet publishing and social media interactions.

Anyway, this post is more about a poem I’m showcasing for the month. The poem affords us to see the aesthetics of the interaction on social media. The poet interrogates the ‘physical’ discourse which the social media uproots on different levels.

I find the poem: “only the dead know” by Tolu Ogunlesi,  published in Poetry Review, particularly interesting. 

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming to my blog page. Now, what do you think? Tell me, I'm listening...