Saturday 3 October 2009

This long break!

...And yes, it's been a long break from blog ville! I've been very busy time in these past weeks - reading, writing, reading, and writing.

I'm working on my second book, and it's a whole lot of hard work going into it. It's a book I've been trying to flush out of my system for a while now, and now that I've got three months sabbatical from work, (which is like an opportunity to rewrite the old stuff I did way back, and do some more second, third and maybe fourth draft before I get back to work) and resume editing on a snail progress, every minute sure counts.

Between this sabbatical (which started two months back), I got the chance to take part in a writing workshop organised by Farafina Trust, led by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, with writers like Nathan Englander, Binyanvanga Wainana, Jackie Kay, and Doreen Baigana take us on the writing all in a short time of ten day! One of the participants was Mamle Kabu, who was nominated earlier this year for the Caine prize. It was so much fun....and one that sneaked away so fast.

I will be spending fewer times blogging these days, need to get a lot of work done, and soon I should be back...

see you soon!

1 comment:

  1. wuz just reading somewhere how blogging doesnt allow much to be done by writers. ditto facebook. i am in total support.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to my blog page. Now, what do you think? Tell me, I'm listening...